Aston Clinton FC was formed in 1892 which is one of the oldest clubs in Buckinghamshire. In the early days the football club played on a recreation field on Rosebery Road, which is now Chestnut Close and Beechwood Way. and the playing field on Twitchell Lane (which is now home to the newer Aston Clinton School).
In the early 1970s the local parish council acquired land on London Road and this is what is now known as Aston Clinton Park and has become a home for football clubs. Since then for many years, the club began playing in Aylesbury and District (ADL) and Marsworth Leagues and was the winner of the Marsworth league several times between 1933 and 1957.
In 1957 the club joined the Hellenic league where they played for the next 2 seasons before leaving to restore ADL and the Marsworth League before rejoining the Hellenic League in 1965.
Rising costs forced the club to withdraw from the Hellenic League in 1980 and join Wycombe and the District Football League. The club has enjoyed 17 years in the Wycombe and District League and has been at the top of the table. During this time, they were the Wycombe League Cup finalists on 6 occasions but were only one cup winners.
The club has been a finalist and winner in a variety of local cup competitions including – the Rosebery Cup, Marsworth Cup, Thomas Field Shield, Oving Cup and Berks & Bucks Junior and Intermediate Cups and is the first club to win the Oving Village Cup with three consecutive opportunities in 1948, 1948 and 1950.
In 2005 the first team joined the Spartan South Midlands Division 2 league and this is where we are still playing. During our stay at SSML, we won the league title twice (2005/06 & 2011/12) and became runner-up twice (10/9/2009 & 2012/13). Our reserve team also plays at SSML in the reserve league but after the league is folded they join the Hellenic Division 2 East in 2016.
In 2016 the soccer club joined the local youth club and parish council to help renovate what is the Youth Club Hall located inside the park. The building is now used as a local community hall and is named Hall Churchill after local heroes Maureen and Brian who spent years giving their time to the youth in our village. Brian was also a player for the club in the 60s and 70s. Football clubs now use halls on match days to provide refreshment after matches for players and officials